marcobesierJan 14, 2022
How to create and deploy your own cryptocurrency in 10 minutes with zero coding experience

Name: Marco Besier (@marcobesier)
Company/Role: Web3 Educator
Content Type: Article and Video
Tags: "Ethereum", "Cryptocurrency", "ERC-20", "Ropsten", "OpenZeppelin"
Summary:

• Using OpenZeppelin, you can create and deploy your own cryptocurrency quickly and with zero coding experience.
  • Creating and deploying your own token to a public blockchain is a great first project for beginners
  • What you'll learn:
  • Install Metamask (if you haven't already)
  • Get test ether from the Ropsten faucet
  • Create an ERC-20 token using OpenZeppelin's "Wizard"
  • Compile your token and deploy it to the public Ropsten Ethereum testnet
  • Bonus: Send some of your tokens to friends and family

Draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wEMruZQF8E79MfYfVNB0bXL4Yo0iLDP5EUd_okqnzRQ/edit?usp=sharing

Do you like this proposal?
Total Ratings: 4
Average : 4.75
Rating Closed
turinglabsJan 14, 2022

Super interesting!

daoleno
daolenoJan 14, 2022

Good job! I also write a tool to deploy a token in one minute. https://bboxdao.com/erc20

marcobesier
marcobesierJan 14, 2022

Wow, this is so cool! 😱👏👍

marcobesier
marcobesierJan 14, 2022

Just realized that I already recommended bboxdao on my Twitter because of your awesome list of faucets! 😊

daoleno
daolenoJan 15, 2022

Thank you.👏

user
Reply to daoleno...
marcobesier
marcobesierJan 14, 2022

Thanks for the kind words, folks!😊 If you have any feedback on the content, feel free to drop it right into the document. 🙂

Deric
DericJan 20, 2022

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing

ghostwebsolution27
ghostwebsolution27Jan 20, 2022

Hi. please show me test project.

marcobesier
marcobesierJan 21, 2022

Hey there, tbh I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I'm thinking about also creating a video that walks through this tutorial if that would be useful. Or are you interested in me sending you some custom tokens for the fun of it?

Can you pls explain a bit more so that I can help you better? :)

user
Reply to ghostwebsolution27...
Kayaba.Attribution
Kayaba.AttributionJan 21, 2022

I feel that it would be better to explain the core concepts of ERC-20 a little better, I know it is just an introduction but it would be more educational to explain how it works. ie: what an approve means, how are balances kept inside the contract, what does allowance really mean, etc ...

Happy to collaborate in your doc if you want!

marcobesier
Read More
marcobesierJan 21, 2022

Hey @kayaba.eth, really appreciate the feedback! :D

I 100% agree that a more detailed explanation of ERC-20 would make the post more educational.

The idea behind the post, though, was to not be educational at all (I realize how stupid that sounds 😅) but rather give absolute beginners the quickest possible shortcut to their own real-world crypto project that they can "touch", play around with, and show their buddies. In other words, give them something "real" as fast as possible to get them excited to learn more about web3.

I'm a little afraid that delving more into the technical details would contradict that goal (by now the post is already +1300 words).

However, the introductory sentences of the post should probably be even clearer about what (and what not) to expect from the post.

Also, I want to emphasize that I really like your suggestion of better explaining the core concepts of ERC-20! I was thinking, maybe we could write another, dedicated article for people who want to dig more into the technical aspects of ERC-20, and link this article in the introductory post?

What do you think? :)

CC: @Deric, @thatguyintech

Kayaba.Attribution
Read More
Kayaba.AttributionJan 21, 2022

Hi @marcobesier,

I just realized that the post is that long 1300+ words, and I do believe that having super long posts make me lose interest fairly quickly :p

Your doc really accomplishes that real-world feeling of deploying something, and as you said the people following the tutorial will get to "touch" a real-world project. I believe that that is enough for an introduction to ERC-20

Perhaps, I will create a follow-up doc explaining the concepts of the ERC-20 in more detail, building upon the foundation that they gained with your post

LGTM !

marcobesier
marcobesierJan 21, 2022

Sounds good, @Kayaba.Attribution! 😊

If you need someone to review your article once you have a first draft ready, let me know. I’m happy to help where I can. 🙂

Again, thanks for your feedback to the draft! It really means a lot that you took the time and it’s much appreciated! 🙏

user
Reply to Kayaba.Attribution...
thatguyintech
thatguyintechJan 24, 2022

love it @marcobesier!!

awesome work putting this proposal together :)

marcobesier
marcobesierJan 24, 2022

My pleasure, @thatguyintech! :)

Let me know whenever I can take further steps with you guys to work towards publishing the content on Web3U.

isaac
isaacFeb 11, 2022

@marcobesier Hey! Sorry, it took me a bit to get to your article here. Wanted to ping you to see if you would be able to add some images/screenshots alongside the guide that you wrote? I think it would help guide users along a little better and also make it a little more visually spiffy!

marcobesier
marcobesierFeb 15, 2022

Hey @isaac, I 100% agree with what you're saying. Thanks so much for taking your precious time to review the article! It really means a lot.

I just replied to your messages on Discord (saw those first). I'm, of course, very happy to add some images/screenshots to the post and will get back to you as soon as I made the changes.

Cheers!

marcobesier
marcobesierMar 2, 2022

Hey @isaac, I added a whole bunch of screenshots to the guide, visually documenting the entire process. Do you think this is now in a form that we could publish? If so, how can I further assist to get this live? :)

user
Reply to isaac...
mrmike388
mrmike388Feb 16, 2022

@marcobesier
Thanks for this amazing guide.
I am a total beginner , so this was exactly what I was looking for to get me even more exited.
Greetings from Denmark

marcobesier
marcobesierMar 2, 2022

Awesome! Glad you liked it. :)

user
Reply to mrmike388...
user
Write a reply...